DUBLIN, May 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The «Cassava Starch Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026» report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global cassava starch market reached a production volume of 8.8 Million Tons in 2020. Cassava starch, or tapioca, is procured from cassava roots through the process of washing and pulping. It is rich in iron, folate, manganese, carbohydrates and calcium. In comparison with its alternatives, cassava is a relatively cheap raw material containing a high concentration of starch. Moreover, cassava starch offers numerous advantages such as neutral taste, high level of purity and excellent thickening characteristics. It also has a high paste clarity, freeze-thaw stability and paste viscosity. Owing to this, cassava starch finds applications in diverse industries like food, beverage, fuel, textile, sweeteners and paper. Looking forward, the publisher expects the global cassava starch market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
Being a rich source of carbohydrates, cassava starch is used as a major ingredient in a number of food products. The global food industry is currently growing at a rapid pace due to urbanization, expanding working population and rising household incomes, especially in the emerging nations like India and China. This is has led to an increase in the demand for ready-to-eat food products which has stimulated the growth of the cassava starch industry.
Earlier, the usage of cassava starch was largely confined to food applications, however, owing to its easy availability, it is also being utilized for non-food applications like manufacturing pharmaceuticals, adhesives, papers, etc. Growth in these end-use industries is providing a thrust to the market growth.
In the textile industry, cassava starch is used for sizing, finishing and printing due to its flexibility, resistance to abrasion and the ability to form a bond with the fiber. In finishing, cassava starch is utilized to cover blemishes or defects and provide a finishing look to the end product. Increasing westernization is fueling the growth of the textile industry, in turn, boosting the cassava starch market.
The growing health consciousness along with the rising cases of diabetes have stimulated the demand for artificial sweeteners across the globe. The increasing demand for these sweeteners is expected to drive the cassava starch market in the coming years.
The competitive landscape of the cassava starch industry is fragmented in nature due to the presence of numerous small and large players.
Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- TCS Tapioca
- Eiamehang Tapioca
- Sunrise International
- PT Buda Starch & Sweetener
- SPAC Tapioca
This report provides a deep insight into the global cassava starch industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a cassava starch manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the cassava starch industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global cassava starch market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global cassava starch market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global cassva starch market?
- What are the key end-use segments in the global cassava starch market?
- What are the price trends of cassava starch?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global cassava starch market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global cassava starch market?
- What is the structure of the global cassava starch industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global cassava starch market?
- What are the profit margins in the global cassava starch market?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a cassava starch manufacturing plant?
- How is cassava starch manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a cassava starch manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a cassava starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a cassava starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a cassava starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for cassava starch?
- What are the transportation requirements for cassava starch?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a cassava starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a cassava starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a cassava starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a cassava starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a cassava starch manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a cassava starch manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Cassava Industry
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Market Breakup by Region
5.4 Market Breakup by End-Use
5.5 Market Forecast
6 Global Starch Industry
6.1 Market Overview
6.2 Market Performance
6.3 Market Breakup by Region
6.4 Market Breakup by Feedstock
6.5 Market Breakup by End-Use
6.6 Market Forecast
7 Global Cassava Starch Industry
7.1 Market Overview
7.2 Market Performance
7.2.1 Volume Trends
7.2.2 Value Trends
7.3 Price Trends
7.4 Impact of COVID-19
7.5 Market Breakup by Region
7.6 Market Breakup by End-Use
7.7 Market Forecast
7.8 SWOT Analysis
7.9 Value Chain Analysis
7.9.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.10 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
7.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
7.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
7.10.4 Degree of Competition
7.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
7.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
7.11 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
8 Performance of Key Regions
18.104.22.168 Market Trends
22.214.171.124 Market Forecast
126.96.36.199 Market Trends
188.8.131.52 Market Forecast
8.1.3 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Market Trends
220.127.116.11 Market Forecast
18.104.22.168 Market Trends
22.214.171.124 Market Forecast
126.96.36.199 Market Trends
188.8.131.52 Market Forecast
184.108.40.206 Market Trends
220.127.116.11 Market Forecast
18.104.22.168 Market Trends
22.214.171.124 Market Forecast
126.96.36.199 Market Trends
188.8.131.52 Market Forecast
184.108.40.206 Market Trends
220.127.116.11 Market Forecast
18.104.22.168 Market Trends
22.214.171.124 Market Forecast
9 Market by End-Use
9.1.1 Market Trends
9.1.2 Market Forecast
9.2.1 Market Trends
9.2.2 Market Forecast
9.3 Food Industries
9.3.1 Market Trends
9.3.2 Market Forecast
9.4 Paper Industries
9.4.1 Market Trends
9.4.2 Market Forecast
9.5 Modified Starch
9.5.1 Market Trends
9.5.2 Market Forecast
9.6 Sago Pearl
9.6.1 Market Trends
9.6.2 Market Forecast
9.7.1 Market Trends
9.7.2 Market Forecast
9.8.1 Market Trends
9.8.2 Market Forecast
10 Competitive Landscape
11 Cassava Starch Manufacturing Process
11.1 Product Overview
11.2 Detailed Process Flow
11.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
11.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
12 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
12.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
12.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
12.3 Plant Machinery
12.4 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
12.5 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
12.6 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
12.7 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
12.8 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
12.9 Other Capital Investments
13 Loans and Financial Assistance
14 Project Economics
14.1 Capital Cost of the Project
14.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
14.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
14.4 Taxation and Depreciation
14.5 Income Projections
14.6 Expenditure Projections
14.7 Financial Analysis
14.8 Profit Analysis
15 Key Player Profiles
15.1 TCS Tapioca
15.2 Eiamehang Tapioca
15.3 Sunrise International
15.4 PT Buda Starch & Sweetener
15.5 SPAC Tapioca
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/25cc6h
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets